Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Auto-Driver's Creed: An Ode to Bubbles and my Wanderlust

This is my car. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My car is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My car, without me, is useless. Without my car, I am stuck in space, as the time goes by. I must drive my car far and through. I must drive faster than the creeping humdrum and complacency that is trying to subdue me. I must escape it before it devours me. I will...


My car and myself know that what counts in this life is not the how many miles we travel, the duration of our drive, nor the fuel we burn. We know that it is the discoveries that count. We will discover...


My car is human, even as I, because it lets me make my life. Thus, I will learn it as me. I will learn its weakness, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its engine. I will keep my car clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...


Before the expanding universe I swear this creed. My car and myself are the purveyors of my nomadic yearnings. We are the masters of the route to the wonders of this world that we seek. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until curiosity is in my mind and no rut, but a Road to travel, a Place to see and People to meet...


1 comment:

  1. For the uninitiated - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rifleman's_Creed

    ReplyDelete