Monday, January 4, 2010

Can I?

The movie, Into the Wild is an introspective, poignant adventure tale, one man's journey to find life, its meaning, away from the veils of societal dishonesty. His struggle to search for his identity within the nature, a fight against social training. Loved it.

There is a strange and sad little pleasure in musing about life, with Eddie Vedder singing in the background- the soundtrack of Into the Wild- Society, are you lonely without me? Also “Me, are you lonely without Society?” Classic love-hate relationship.

There is a perverse serenity in living life vicariously- seeing the world through others eyes, enjoying another's thrills and adventures, crying for their sorrows, thinking their thoughts? Whatever happened to "I think therefore I am" or "I experience therefore I am alive".

I want to be great. But I am also cowardly and lazy. I want to spin the world. I constantly swing between crests of hyper-energy and doldrums of inanimateness. I have big plans for me. My prime mover is rusted. Can I make tomorrow a brand new day?

There’s a big

A big hard sun

Beating on the big people

In the big hard world

No comments:

Post a Comment